At Stonini™ we are conscious of the need to care for our environment. When we were developing Stonini™ we evaluated many factors to ensure our product would have minimal environmental impact.
Stonini™ wall panels and tiles are:
- Made from ecologically-safe materials
- Non-petroleum based
- Handcrafted and air dried for minimal energy embodiment
The ingredients of Stonini™ are 99% derived from naturally formed substances.
- Raw materials are sourced from companies that promote energy efficiency and environmental sustainability practices.
- Packaging for raw materials is 100% recyclable and is dually disposed of for recycling to occur.
- Raw materials are ordered in larger economically packaged quantities to reduce packaging and freight.
- No hazardous materials are involved in the manufacture of Stonini™.
The Stonini™ manufacturing process is designed to minimise waste.
- All ingredients are measured and mixed precisely to produce the desired amount of product.
- Moulds and pouring devices are designed to eliminate spillage.
- Water used for cleaning mixing containers, tools and moulds is recycled. First rinses are done in pre-used water and final rinses in clean water. When water has reached saturation it is collected by an accredited waste recycling company.
- No Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) or odour emissions are created in the production of Stonini™.
- Glass reinforcement is not catalysed.
- Stonini™ panels and tiles are sized to minimise cutting and associated air-borne particles. Stonini™ also offers a cutting service in a controlled environment where potential airborne particles are captured.
- The panels are sized to minimise waste. Our in-house offcuts are used as marketing samples.
- Stonini™ panels and tiles dry naturally indoors at room temperature; no energy is expended on heating or cooling.
End Product Use and Recycling
- Stonini™ panels and tiles can be repainted. This feature enables a change to the aesthetics of the product that may prolong usage and thereby reduce waste.
- Stonini™ panels and tiles are suitable for safe landfill disposal and for controlled burning disposal.